New York Times Bestseller
Is America a source of pride, as Americans have long held, or shame, as Progressives allege? Beneath an innocent exterior, are our lives complicit in a national project of theft, expropriation, oppression, and murder, or is America still the hope of the world?
Dinesh D’Souza says these questions are no mere academic exercise. It is the Progressive view that is taught in our schools, that is preached by Hollywood, and that shapes the policies of the Obama administration. If America is a force for inequality and injustice in the world, its power deserves to be diminished; if traditional America is based on oppression and theft, then traditional America must be reformed—and the federal government can do the reforming.
In America: Imagine a World without Her D’Souza offers a passionate and sharply reasoned defense of America, knocking down every important accusation made by Progressives against our country.
In this book, you’ll learn:
- Why it is a pernicious myth that English colonists “stole” America from the Indians or that American settlers and soldiers “stole” the southwest from Mexico
- Why the descendants of slaves—and the successive waves of immigrants to the United States—are better off here than in their old countries
- How America, more than any other country, is based on rewarding the enterprise and hard-work of the common man
- How traditional American virtues sustain prosperity and freedom, and Progressive arguments about “liberation” and “justice” undercut them
- How Progressive demagoguery about “inequality” expands the power of government and its grasp on the taxpayer’s wallet
- Why we should fear the Progressive agenda of “reform” which is in fact an agenda of totalitarian control of the state over the individual
- Why national decline is a choice–a choice that it is still not too late to reverse
Provocative in its analysis, stunning in its conclusions, Dinesh D’Souza’s America will be the most talked about book of the year.
Dinesh D’Souza is the former president of The King’s College in New York City and author of the New York Times bestsellers Obama’s America and The Roots of Obama’s Rage. He is also a former White House domestic policy analyst and research scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. His other best-selling books include What’s So Great About Christianity, What’s So Great About America, and Life After Death.
“America” The Movie: Trailer 1
“America” The Movie: Trailer 3
Published on Apr 28, 2014
“America” premieres July 2. To demand that a theater near you show “America,” click here: http://demandamerica.com.
Trailer released on April 28, 2014 in conjunction with an exclusive in-studio interview on “The Kelly File.”